Monday, January 14, 2013

"Heart Wood" Zion National Park, Utah" By Robert Park

Via Flickr: Heart Wood"
I love trees. They take on many attributes and colors and evoke emotions that run the gamut. Some would say that they speak to us.
This scrub oak in Zion caught my attention as I explored the underside of it, revealing a canopy of branches emanating from the trunk like arteries from a heart. As I jockeyed around I discovered a striking heart shape as the oak came alive in front of me.
Location Zion National ParkUtah
© Robert Park www.robert-park.com/

2 comments:

  1. Zion National Park is spectacular, and fall is a great time to visit (especially if you like fall colors and fewer crowds). But would be fun to visit in spring or summer as well to see the wild flowers!

    Zion National Park RV Park and Campground

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite images by Robert Park.

    ReplyDelete