Monday, September 23, 2013

"Star Gaze" Vermillion Cliffs National Monument, Arizon A masterpiece of a lonely rock waiting for the stars to come out at sunset

Via Flickr:
Star Gazer” The Vermillion Cliffs are one of my favorite places in the world. It is a land of wonders and geological oddities coupled with the high Colorado plateaus. With a stunning clarity of air and light, this area offers absolutely wondrous sunsets, sunrises, and landscape possibilities. Rare Spring storms brought clouds to the Paria Plateau giving the sunset a sense of magic and drama. I had pre-visualized this image and when I had seen the storms clearing I drove three and a half hours straight to the plateau, through the treacherous sand, just to get to this area. After three days of camping in the remote wilderness with the glory of nature open to me, I was able to create this masterpiece of a lonely rock waiting for the stars to come out at sunset. Location: The Vermillion Cliffs National Monument, Arizona. © Robert Park www.robert-park.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment